Deep Fried Deviled Eggs2021-02-05
- Servings: 12
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 3m
- Ready In: 20m
Most deviled egg recipes are similar, however this method brings them to another level of flavor and texture. Enjoy everyone!
You will need:
1 large pot for boiling
1 large pot for deep frying or use a deep fryer set to 350 degrees
Bowl for ice bath
12 hard boiled eggs
4 raw eggs
All purpose flour
Panko bread crumbs
Sweet pickle relish
Cayenne pepper powder or smoked paprika
Cooking oil (Vegetable oil)
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
Piping bag or large zip-lock baggie
1 small bunch or flat leaf parsley
3 medium size bowls or Tupperware for a breading station setup
1 large bowl for egg yolk mixture
Mesh strainer or slotted spoon for removing eggs from the oil
Small sheet pan to hold the coated eggs before frying
Several paper towels
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 cups AP flour
- 4 eggs whisked until combined smooth
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Oil, for frying 350 degrees
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 tablespoons mustard
- 1.5 tablespoon2 Dijon
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- salt, to taste
- 1 small bunch or flat leaf parsley chopped very fine for top of egg yolk mixture
- Cayenne pepper powder or smoked paprika sprinkled on top
Method to hard boil eggs:
- First gather 12 eggs and a large pot.
- Fill it with water to cover 2 inches over the eggs and add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Turn the heat on high and wait for it to boil then cover the pan with a lid, remove from the heat and let sit for 12 minutes.
- Prepare an ice bath with a bowl, water and ice cubes.
- After 12 minutes, remove the eggs from the pot and place them in the water bath for several minutes until cooled down.
- Take the eggs out and remove all the shells from the eggs, either by hand or use a glass with about 1 inch of water in it, cover and shake.
- Place the eggs into cold water until ready to use.
Heat the oil to 350 degrees
Cut all the hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise, “carefully” remove the yolk into a bowl (usually by squeezing it a little bit). Store the egg whites in cold water until ready to use.
Set up a breading station, 3 containers, 1 with the flour, 1 with the raw eggs and 1 with the panko, in that order from left to right.
Add mayonnaise, relish, both mustards, hot sauce to the egg yolks and whisk or mash until smooth, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Put the mixture into a piping or zip lock bag, remove air, close the bag and set aside
Get the egg whites and one at a time, fully coat in the flour, submerge into the egg wash and fully coat with panko crumbs. Carefully set onto a sheet tray until all are done.
Deep fry 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Every now and then use the mesh strainer to roll the eggs around in the oil for even cooking. This can be done in small batches if the fry pan is small.
Place the eggs onto a paper towel in the sheet tray.
Cut 1/2 inch off the corner of the piping or zip lock bag and fill the eggs with the mixture. (Fancier if you use pastry tips).
Sprinkle cayenne pepper powder or smoked paprika sprinkled on top
Top with a light coating of finely chopped parsley.